NATIONAL LEADERSHIP CAMP ’21
LET’s IGNITE YOUNG PEOPLES POTENTIAL TOGETHER
LET’s IGNITE YOUNG PEOPLES POTENTIAL TOGETHER
WHY ARE OUR SUPPORTERS IMPORTANT TO THE NATIONAL LEADERSHIP CAMP?
National Leadership Camp is a highly interactive, challenging and motivating four-day program that brings together students in year 10 to year 12 from across Australia. The only way our vision for National Leadership Camp can be realised is with the generous support of many individuals and businesses.
There are many ways you can support the National Leadership Camp:
- Volunteering as a Lead or Junior Mentor
- Being apart of our behind the scenes crew
- Joining our NLC ’18 Returning Delegate Program
- Financial Support
Thank you for your ongoing support of the National Leadership Camp and Burn Bright!
Making NLC a success is a team of dedicated volunteers who give up their time to invest in the next generation of young people. We require passionate people to fill Junior and Lead Mentor roles as well as people to serve on the behind the scenes crew! If this is something you might be interested in then read the information below for more.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications for Mentor positions are now open. If you have any questions about applying for NLC as a mentor please send us an email at email@example.com.
Please be aware that the 2021 leadership team will consist of a limited amount of roles. Due to the high volume of passionate people who want to take part in NLC, filling out this application form does not guarantee you a position. The team make up will be decided upon by a set of criteria to ensure the mentor team has the right balance and experience. To ensure your best chance of taking part, make sure you fill out your application as soon as possible.
WHAT ARE THE DATES?
All Mentors Required to attend camp from Tuesday 6th July at 10:30am to Sunday 11th July at 3:00pm 2021
WILL THERE BE A COST?
To make camp viable into the future camp will cost $220 (gst-free) for all volunteer facilitators – This costs covers all accommodation, meals, venue hire, a resource folder and other volunteer expenses!
We don’t want this cost to stop people from volunteering at NLC so if the cost is an issue please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to sort out a solution!
NLC ’21 Returning Delegates
If you loved NLC ’19 as a student and you would like to return to serve the next NLC group of students and desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others – then the Burn Bright NLC Returning Delegates program is for you!
To become a returning delegate YOU MUST HAVE ATTENDED A PAST NLC AS A STUDENT AND YOU MUST STILL BE AT SCHOOL.
The role of the Agents will be to serve the other delegates by assisting the Burn Bright team in various ways. You will play an integral role with things like running challenges (such as the Olympics) and setting up for special sessions. Our hope is that your actions will reflect our core value of ‘serving outside the spotlight’ and inspire next year’s delegates to act with a servant heart, too.
We also want to find ways to invest in your leadership journey, too. We are going to set you a challenge before we even get to NLC ’19 and during Tribal Time the Agents will be take part in specific leadership/service based training. The Returning Delegates will have a specialised team of mentors who have experience in entrepreneurial initiatives and service projects.
There will be some level of commitment involved during the lead-up to NLC ’21. This may include the following:.
- After your application is accepted you will be added to an Agents Facebook Group. It is an expectation that you will be involved with the conversation and discussion that takes place in this group. It will be a space of support, encouragement, and ideas generation for the Agents.
- Commitment to a ‘service project’ that the Agents will plan prior to camp that will be launched and implemented during the program at NLC ’21.
- Part of planning and implementing this ‘service project’ will involve structured meetings during the six month lead up before NLC ’21. Meetings will be hour-long Skype sessions held at an agreed-upon time/day and on a fortnightly basis.
- You parents/guardians will need to give their permission for you to be part of the Agents Tribe at NLC ’21. Once you fill out this form, an automatic email will be sent to them so please make sure you let them know that you’re applying.
How Do I Apply?
Applications For 2021 Are Now OPEN
- Let you parents know that you’re applying.
- Complete and submit the form before applications close.
- Keep an eye on your emails. If we have any questions, that is how we will contact you.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of applications closing.
- Upon receiving notice of acceptance we will contact you about payment details and other important details.
Supporting the National Leadership Camp
To help keep the National Leadership Camp financially viable we are seeking financial support to hit an ambitious financial goal.
To kick-start our camp we are seeking financial support and backing. National Leadership Camp is privately funded and receives no government funding. Your generous support is needed to help fund the attendance of many students and facilitators. To help us begin the National Leadership Camp journey you can give anonymously at www.givenow.com.au/burnbrightaustralia or email email@example.com for bank details and more information.
We also have corporate sponsorship packages on offer for community minded organisations.